Knew I would be portrayed as villain in YRF-ADF tussle: Ajay Devgn

  • PTI, Mumbai
  • |
  • Updated: Nov 06, 2012 19:12 IST
  • Sonakshi Sinha and Ajay Devgn will be seen romancing each other for the first time.

  • Actress Sonakshi Sinha rides a bike in one of the scenes from Son of Sardaar

  • Actor Sanjay Dutt in a still from Son of Sardaar

  • Ajay Devgn-Sonakshi Sinha in Son Of Sardar.

  • SOS revolves around two warring Sardar families and is the remake of Telugu film Maryada Ramanna.

  • The film is directed by Ashwani Dhir.

  • Salman Khan has also apparently agreed to do an item number in the film for Ajay Devgn and that too for free.

  • SOS is slated for November 13, 2012 release.

  • "SOS is a comic love story with lots of action, a perfect festival film," says Ajay Devgn.

  • The makers of SOS also released a digital poster of the film.

Now that the war between Ajay Devgnand Yash Raj Films has thickened over the number of screens alloted for the release of Son of Sardaar and late Yash Chopra's Jab Tak Hai Jaan, the actor-producer insists that he is waging a "fair" fight and knew he would be painted as a villain after he serves a legal notice on the issue.
         
Ajay Devgn Films (ADF) has filed a complaint in The Competition Commission Of India (CCI) alleging that Yash Raj Films (YRF), headed by the legendary filmmaker, had used its dominant position following which Devgn's movie is not finding enough single screen theatres for his film's exhibition.

The 43-year-old actor said that he had filed the notice much before the demise of Yash Chopra (October 21).
    
"I had filed the complaint much before the demise of Yash Chopra. When this happened I was like people are going to target me and nobody is going to understand my point of view... I was a villain on both sides. I couldn't withdraw it (notice) from the Competition Commission... It is not a normal court," Ajay told PTI.
         
"I respected Yashji as much anybody else does. We have grown up watching his films," he added.
         
Both are awaited movies of the year, given the fact that 'JTHJ' is late filmmaker Chopra's last directorial before his sudden death last month, marking the union of Chopra with powerbrand Shah Rukh Khan after eight years, and 'SoS' is ADF's trademark Diwali entertainer high on comic expectations.
         
Ajay claims that YRF has 'armtwisted' exhibitors to dedicate more screens to 'JTHJ', than his 'SoS', both which are up for release on November 13.
         
He insists that he has been fighting for his right and asking only for a fair view on the matter.
         
"I am fighting for my right. I am not asking anyone to stop the release of a film, I am not asking for compensation, I am asking them to be fair," he said.
         
"I want both the films to do well. Even by filing this I don't think I have done anything that will harm anyone. If I lose then it won't be my benefit but if I win also it won't be a loss to anyone," he added.



 

also read

JTHJ v/s SOS

Ajay Devgn's plea against YRF rejected

blog comments powered by Disqus