No bar to making film with son: Boney Kapoor | bollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jan 24, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

No bar to making film with son: Boney Kapoor

bollywood Updated: May 15, 2012 15:48 IST
Priyanka Jain
Priyanka Jain
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Despite mixed reviews to son Arjun Kapoor’s debut film Ishaqzaade, produer-father Boney Kapoor is beaming. An excited Boney had already announced his decision to cast Arjun in the sequel of Mr India, which will go on floors only in 2014.



Contrary to recent reports, Boney clarifies, “Arjun doesn’t have an exclusive contract with Yash Raj Films. While he is signed for three films, he is free to work outside the banner in the interim.” He adds, “I was planning to start a romantic film with Arjun in November but we are yet to lock the script and rest of the cast, so the date is not yet locked. Whatever decision we take will be in the best interests of Arjun’s career.”



Ask Boney why he didn’t launch his own son and he says, “At the time Arjun was to make his debut I wasn’t producing any films. Also like a self-respecting lad, he wanted to make it in the industry on his own. How can I take that away from him?” Soaking in his son’s debut, the producer says, “I don’t mind people calling me Arjun’s father. I have always had prefixes attached to my name.



First it was Anil Kapoor’s brother, then Sridevi’s husband. Though I have been doing well with my productions, people prefer to attach these prefixes. By now I am used to it.”



Boney is also looking forward to his wife Sridevi’s comeback film, English Vinglish. He says, “This has been a good year. My work with Sahara is going well and my wife and son are both following their own careers. I am eagerly awaiting Sri’s film, which might release in July or August. There’s a good buzz about her comeback film.”