No Entry 2 shelved? | bollywood | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

No Entry 2 shelved?

bollywood Updated: May 18, 2011 17:18 IST
Hiren Kotwani
Hiren Kotwani
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Looks like one of the early sequels planned in Bollywood will never see the light of the day. No Entry 2 was announced with much aplomb after the first comedy struck gold at the box-office about six years ago. According to well-placed sources, after dilly-dallying for a few years, producer Boney Kapoor has dropped the idea altogether.

Boney confided in an industry veteran on why the sequel isn’t likely to happen. “After the success of Wanted and Dabangg, and the positive hype surrounding Ready and Bodyguard, Salman Khan is said to be insisting on a bound script,” recalls our informer, adding that the actor’s recently reported tiff with director Anees Bazmee also has a part to play. Anees’s recent duds like Thank You and brother Anil Kapoor’s production No Problem are also to blame in this case. Apparently, Anees used the script of No Entry 2 to make Thank You, and since then, he hasn’t come up with a suitable story.

We contacted Boney, but he didn’t revert to our text messages. Anees denied having any differences with Salman and news of his insistence for a bound script. “Earlier too, Salman bhai agreed to do the film after a five-minute narration,” says Anees, adding that as of now all their focus is on Ready, which releases on June 3.

As for the ideas for No Entry 2, he claims to have two, but will only develop them after Ready. “I will discuss the concepts with Boney next month to figure out the best way to take No Entry further. Accordingly, I’ll start working on the script,” he says.