Rock On!! sequel next year?
Director Abhishek Kapoor and actor Farhan Akhtar are reportedly keen on starting the sequel, early 2014. “Not much has been spoken about anything else with regards to the film, but the primary cast (apart from Luke Kenny) will remain the same.bollywood Updated: Jul 01, 2013 12:31 IST
Abhishek Kapoor’s most recent release, Kai Po Che, has been one of the bigger hits at the box office this year. Needless to say, the director has been delighted by the response to the film. And when he threw a success bash a few months ago, actor-friend Farhan Akhtar attended it, putting to rest rumours of a tiff between the two. Now, we’ve learned that a lot transpired at that party.
A source close to Abhishek reveals, “He and Farhan had a long chat at the party. They’ve worked together previously on Rock On!! (2008), which was a huge success. The sequel to it has been in the pipeline for a while now. They discussed the movie, and now it’s safe to say that work on it will begin next year.”
The source adds, “Once Abhishek wraps up his next movie with Sushant Singh Rajput by the end of this year, he will begin modifying the script for the sequel to Rock On!!. In all likelihood, the film will go on floors by the end of next year”.
Details of the film have not been fleshed out yet, but the primary cast will remain the same. The source says, “Not much has been spoken about anything else with regards to the film, but the primary cast (apart from Luke Kenny) will remain the same. The source says, “A basic outline of the script is ready, but everything is yet to be firmed up. Abhishek can give it complete attention only when he finishes his on-going project.”
Rock On!! starred Farhan and Luke, with Arjun Rampal, Prachi Desai, Purab Kohli and Shahana Goswani.