Sujoy Ghosh drops Kahaani sequel, works on a new story
The director who was earlier planning a sequel to his successful film Kahaani now reveals that he has dropped the plans to convert the movie into a franchise as of now.bollywood Updated: Nov 26, 2013 15:39 IST
Soon after the release of Kahaani (2012), director Sujoy Ghosh revealed plans of a sequel. Since then, he has constantly been asked about the status of that movie. However, Sujoy now reveals that he has no plans to convert the movie into a franchise as of now. “I am done with Kahaani; I am not taking that brand forward at this moment. I want to go beyond that,” says Sujoy.
Although he has just finished writing another thriller, he insists that it has nothing to do with the Vidya Balan-starrer. “It’s a semi-thriller of sorts,” he says. Ask him if he is going to approach Vidya for this new project and he says, “I have spoken to her about it. We owe it to the audience and to ourselves to try something new. Whether we’ll succeed or not, we don’t know.”
Meanwhile, Sujoy reveals that his next directorial venture will be an Ekta Kapoor production. “When the makers will finish scripting and casting, I will direct the film. It is an adaptation of Japanese author Keigo Higashino’s book, The Devotion Of Suspect X. I’m looking forward to it,” says Sujoy, while speaking to us at the NFDC Film Bazaar in Goa that is held every year on the sidelines of the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI).