Harlan Coben's standalone thriller Caught is in first and third place among Amazon's best-selling Kindle e-books for the week ending April 17. In second and third, according to a list released on April 20 by Publishers Marketplace, are Stieg Larsson's The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire, from the Swedish author's internationally bestselling Millennium trilogy.
The newly released unauthorised biography of Oprah Winfrey by Kitty Kelley made the number five spot following its release on April 13. Kelley is the author of previous best-selling biographies about Jackie O., Frank Sinatra, and Nancy Reagan - many of which contain unfavorable details and anecdotes and the author's biography of the mogul and US daytime TV star has been much anticipated.
Also new to the bestseller list is Karl Marlantes's Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War, which was published on March 23. Marlantes, a Vietnam veteran, is the best-selling author of Black Hawk Down, among other titles. Amazon named Matterhorn among the best books to be released in March and called it a "brilliant war epic," while Publishers Weekly called it a "grand, distinctive accomplishment."
Kindle weekly bestsellers:
1. Caught - Harlan Coben
2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson
3. The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
4. House Rules - Jodi Picoult
5. Oprah: A Biography - Kitty Kelley
6. The Help - Kathryn Stockett
7. The Shadow of Your Smile - Mary Higgins Clark
8. Major Pettigrew's Last Stand - Helen Simonson
9. Deception - Jonathan Kellerman
10. Matterhorn: A Novel of the Vietnam War - Karl Marlantes
Source: Publishers' Marketplace