We started the Brunch Book Challenge two years ago – mostly because we wanted to set some reading goals for ourselves. Within a day, on the first Sunday of 2014, #BrunchBookChallenge became a place for people to talk about books.
For the second edition of the Challenge, we asked you to read 30 books and keep us posted on Twitter – and hundreds of you did. So we packed reading hampers for 30 lucky winners.
1. We wrote to our friends in publishing, and they sent us copies of some of our favourite books of the year. So here’s a big shoutout to Pan Macmillan India, Hachette India, Penguin Books India, Random House India, Rupa Publications, Aleph Book Company, HarperCollins India, Speaking Tiger and Westland Books.
2. Then, we asked Vahdam, the online store, for some of their lovely tea, and Shahnaz Husain added hand creams for a fragrant reading experience.
3. We printed some #BrunchBookChallenge posters and bookmarks.
4. We ordered our favourite reading lights, so you can clip them on your book at night.
5. We used up every single book in the Brunch library – but we had five boxes to go, and no books left. We tweeted about our bookless office.
6. Ananth Padmanabhan, CEO of HarperCollins India, offered to pitch in – and sent us a carton full of lovely titles.
7. After we finished packing, we doodled on the cartons for fun.
8. And hopefully, by now, you’ve all received your reading hampers – and like them. So a big congratulations to our 30 heroes...
Want to join the Challenge this year? We have new rules for 2016, read them here