“I’m Baked Alaska – hot from outside, chilled inside,” says temperamental celebrity chef Hemant Oberoi
And he shares his love for travelling and French cuisinebrunch Updated: Sep 16, 2017 22:14 IST
- Date of birth: February 6
- Place of birth: Faridkot (Punjab)
- Sun sign: Aquarius
- Home town: Delhi
- School/college: DC Model School, Ferozepur/ Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Nutrition, Pusa, New Delhi
- Low point of your life: The aftermath of 26/11
- High point of your life: Becoming executive chef of Taj Mahal Palace and running it for 30 years
If not a chef, you’d have been...?
If not a chef, then I probably would have been a doctor.
When you are not in the kitchen, you are...?
Who is your favourite chef and why?
Alain Ducasse, because he is just brilliant and a perfectionist. And he is a visionary.
According to you, the queen of all spices is...?
If you were a dessert, which one would you be and why?
Baked Alaska – hot from outside and chilled inside.
The simplest dish prepared by you has been...?
Malai ki sabzi.
Which is your most favourite cuisine and why?
My favourite cuisine is French as that was the base of the Western cuisine and they taught the basic methods of cooking to the rest of the world.
One dish that should be a part of all restaurant menus...?
Grilled fish or spinach.
What’s your favourite tool in the kitchen?
My favourite tool is a knife.
Describe your food in three words?
Appealing, flavourful and innovative.
- Mahatma Gandhi: Khichri and dabka ni kadi
- Adolf Hitler: Sauerkraut
- Napoleon Bonaparte: French onion soup
- Winston Churchill: Venison
Follow @lubnasalim1234 on Twitter
From HT Brunch, September 17, 2017
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch