Here’s a round-up of things we loved this week, and those that ought to be shoved.
* Alia Bhatt – we just watched the trailer of Udta Punjab, and man, how can anybody be so effortless?
* The viral photograph of two lions mating in Botswana – it’s either two males, or a male and a female with a mane
* Dipa Karmakar, the first Indian woman gymnast to qualify for the Olympics
* Wristband – The first single we got to hear from Paul Simon’s upcoming album, Stranger To Stranger
* Canadian PM Justin Trudeau explaining quantum computing
* That 5,650 farmers and more than 20,000 housewives committed suicide in India in 2014
* When Ram Gopal Varma called Rajinikanth “a bad looker”, “short with a disproportionate body” and that “Nowhere in the world a man who looks like this can be a SuperStar. I wonder what he did to God that God did this to him” – but all this was meant to be a series of compliments
* That watching Narcos (wrt its ‘gringos’) is sometimes like listening to Donald Trump talk
* That planning a trip to Kerala is so upsetting when you have to factor in ‘phased prohibition’
* If you’re still obsessing over sh*t that Siri says
Follow @saudaminijain on Twitter
From HT Brunch, April 24, 2016
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch