We love the trailer of Shaandaar, but hate the child abuse videos that came out of Pakistan’s Punjab. Here's a round-up of things we loved this week and those that ought to be shoved.
* When Paulo Coelho tweeted My Name Is Khan was the best film he’d seen this year
* Kate Winslet ran into a woman who bullied her in school, and said, “I want to thank you for being such a b**ch because it made me a lot stronger”
* That everybody discovered what a catch Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma is AFTER reports of his engagement to actress Asin
* How Indian parents all over the world took credit when Sundar Pichai was named the Google CEO
* The shaandaar trailer of Shaandaar
* Mumbai Police and what they think constitutes “public decency” #ApologyNotAccepted
* The child abuse videos that came out of Pakistan’s Punjab. And the realisation that abuse is rampant, and so many of us just live in denial
* Radhe Maa. I don’t even...
* Telangana deputy CM Mahmood Ali, who said the Charminar would be razed if it becomes dilapidated
* Woody Allen – when he first got together with his now-wife-but-then-partner’s-adopted-daughter, he “thought it would just be a fling.”
From HT Brunch, August 16
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch