Here’s a round-up of things we loved this week, and those that ought to be shoved.
* Shah Rukh Khan. “Not being secular in this country is the worst crime.” The king hath spoken
* There’s going to be a new Star Trek series for 2017
* Amazon has opened its first brick-and-mortar bookstore in Seattle (This is confusing, but good news for physical books)
* The Haka dance performed by the New Zealand rugby team
* Raghuram Rajan
* Half-hearted Halloween celebrations in India. Oh, you wore a black dress because you’re a witch? That’s original.
* That the Victoria & Albert Museum turned down the chance to display Margaret Thatcher’s clothes as they were “not fashionable enough”
* If you use the word “hubby” for husband
* That eight more Indian birds are on the world’s most threatened species list
* The realisation that your Diwali bonus has nothing to do with Diwali
From HT Brunch, November 8
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch