We love that Harry Potter And The Cursed Child is going to be a thing. But hate women (and men) who say they’re not feminists. Here’s a round-up of things we loved this week and those that ought to be shoved.
* That cheese triggers the same parts of the brain as drugs
* That Justin Bieber’s Sorry video doesn’t feature Bieb
* Kiran Desai in conversation with Anita Desai for The Guardian. I dared a recorder... we were both worried we would proceed to play out her novel In Custody, where Deven visits the poet Nur to record Nur’s words. He fails, his tape recorder fails. But this one works, and I ask her to talk about her past
* That Harry Potter And The Cursed Child is going to be a thing. Mixed feelings about this though
* Coffee-flavoured toffees
* Adele’s Hello. I know, I know, everybody liked it. But WHY?
* Again, women (and men) who say they’re not feminists. Here’s looking at you, Parineeti Chopra (if not for feminism, you’d have possibly been living in purdah or something)
* Bigg Boss 9. How meh can this show get?
* People who diss chick-lit and romcoms. Just because something has a high emotional quotient doesn’t mean it’s intellectually inferior!
* The Indian paparazzi’s obsession with Mira Rajput
From HT Brunch, November 1
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch