Ten things you wonder every Diwali
brunch Updated: Nov 29, 2015 11:46 IST
1. Is it okay for you to curse the 55,66,67,989 people on the road on Dhanteras when you’re one of them too? Every year?
2. If two people give you ugly vases as Diwali presents, should you just swap the presents and give them ugly vases in return?
3. Chocolate or kaju katli?
4. Do people actually watch television on Diwali – and are they showing Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham again ( haven’t watched it since last Diwali)?
5. What’s the best way to trick grandma into cutting the pooja short?
6. Is there such a thing as Diwali without a single fight in the family? “Why haven’t you STILL changed? The guests will be here soon!”
7. Who comes up with these festive texts with illustrations made out of punctuations and special characters? Are you supposed to compliment kind-of-cool-looking ones like this one:
8. Is it okay to love your friends a little less because they cheat at teen patti?
9. What is “chhoti Diwali” really called? And why does it even exist?
10. You can’t help but enjoy looking at firecrackers lighting up the sky – and perhaps bursting a few too. Does that make you benighted and bourgeois?
From HT Brunch, November 8
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch