1. Life happens to you when you are busy making plans in a train stuck between two stations.
2. Behens in the Metro underestimate the size of their butt when they ask the seated ones, ‘thoda adjust kar lo’.
3. Hell hath no fury like women in the ladies compartment dealing with a male intruder – unless it’s a man checking on his wife and kids. Boyfriends must communicate with furtive glances from the edges.
4. Once, all underground metro stations were air-conditioned.
5. The sight of people fidgeting in their seats is not an objective indicator of them getting ready to alight.
6. Aap meri seat le lo, said nobody to an older person. At least, not willingly.
7. Eating inside the Metro is strictly prohibited. But everybody seems to think this rule doesn’t apply to food from “Cafe Buddy’s” at the station or to leftovers in a tiffin. If you dare glare at them, they chomp even louder.
8. The most fun part: looking at the men who are pointedly staring at the ladies’ compartment, but not at any woman in particular.
9. It’s a train full of liars. Everybody is always just five minutes away from Rajiv Chowk or Central Secretariat.
10. Where the Metro arrival time is concerned, the unexpected always happens. Always.
From HT Brunch, June 14
Follow us on twitter.com/HTBrunch
Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch