Looking to get your hands on some freebies or want to know which apps will help you meet people, find great local restaurants or swap contact info with others during this year’s BlackBerry World conference? Follow the tips below to get the most out of your conference experience.
BlackBerry World is the largest annual gathering for the BlackBerry ecosystem. It has replaced the annual
developer-only BlackBerry Wireless Enterprise Symposium (WES), evolving into a conference that caters for all BlackBerry mobile phone and tablet enthusiasts.
It features new technology and software announcements as well as discussions about how the BlackBerry mobile solution can be improved.
There are Demo sessions to show products in action, BlackBerry Training sessions, hands-on labs, and keynotes by top industry executives. BlackBerry World expects to attract around 5,000, putting it on par with Apple's WWDC and Google’s I/O developer eventsRIM’s top tips for BlackBerry World:
* Take a phone charger or purchase a spare battery in advance so you don’t run out of juice
* Think about what you want to accomplish at the conference (do you want to network, learn new skills, find out about new apps?) before you go and keep the list handy
* Stop by the BlackBerry Social Media Desk for random giveaways
* Follow @BlackBerry4Biz for conference details and extra giveaways
* Stock up on free snacks during conference breaks (take enough to last you the whole day but remember breakfast and lunch will also be served!)
* Put your phone on silent during sessions
* Take lots of business cards or think about joining the digital age by preloading your contact details on a contact-sharing app (see below)
* Note important session times in your calendar and set your reminder so you don’t miss out
* Visit the Cyber Zone to keep up to date with conference information, check your activities for the week, print out a conference schedule or to vote for the Attendee Choice Wireless Achievement Award
* Set up an Out Of Office reminder so you can focus on the conference, not replying to emails
* Head to the Solutions Showcase to meet new contacts including conference sponsors and other industry professionals
* Network, network, networkApps to download and use:
* Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the BlackBerry operating system, BlackBerry 7 OS.
* If your phone has NFC use BlackBerry Tag to wirelessly share contact information with your peers
* Use BBM Group to set up a BlackBerry World attendees group and organize times or places to meet
* For more tips and the latest information about BlackBerry World head to the official BlackBerry blog: http://blogs.blackberry.com/
* Find out which of your friends are going to the same sessions as you with the social calendar on the BlackBerry PlayBook
* Download Poynt or Foodspotting to find the perfect after-conference dinner spot
* Install BlackBerry Protect before you leave so you can easily find your phone if you lose it, or remotely wipe your data off it if you can’t
* Check in at BlackBerry World with Foursquare to find friends, meet new people and to find specials in the local area
* Stay on top of all your travel arrangements with BlackBerry Travel
The second edition of BlackBerry World will run from May 1-3 at the Orlando World Center Marriott, Florida, USA