HindustanTimes Wed,17 Sep 2014

OVL-OIL to buy Videocon stake in Mozambique field for $2.5 bn

PTI  New Delhi, June 25, 2013
First Published: 16:19 IST(25/6/2013) | Last Updated: 16:25 IST(25/6/2013)

In the third acquisition in 10 months, state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) and Oil India Ltd (OIL) will buy Videocon Industries' 10% stake in a giant Mozambique gas field for about $2.5 billion.


The acquisition of the stake in Mozambique's offshore Area 1, which may hold as much as 65 Trillion cubic feet (Tcf) of gas resources, will be done through a joint venture of OVL and OIL, the two firms announced.

OVL, the overseas arm of state-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) will hold 60 percent stake in the joint venture while OIL will have the remaining 40%.

OVL and OIL have signed a definitive agreement with Videocon Mauritius Energy Ltd to acquire 100% of (its) shares in Videocon Mozambique Rovuma 1 Ltd for $2475 million, the statements said.

more from Business

Indian-Chinese companies sign 24 MoUs worth $3.4 billion

India and China business received a $3.4 billion boost, with companies from both countries on Wednesday signing 24 contracts for supply of equipment and service. The MoU were signed in areas of aircraft leasing and financing, telecom, chemicals, wind power components, cotton yarn and fabric, synthetic fibre and seafood.

Most Popular
Copyright © 2014 HT Media Limited. All Rights Reserved