Vistara appoints Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador

  • PTI, New Delhi
  • Updated: Aug 21, 2016 18:50 IST
In this file photo, Deepika Padukone could be seen at a film screening in Mumbai. (Yogen Shah)

Vistara announced on Sunday the appointment of Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone as its brand ambassador.

Vistara, whose 51% stake in owned by Tata Sons and the rest 49% by Singapore Airlines, did not disclose other details such as the contract period and fee that it would pay to the actress.

This is the second time Deepika will be performing the brand ambassador’s role for an airline as earlier in 2007, she was roped in for the same by the erstwhile Kingfisher Airlines.

Deepika will kick-start a new campaign from tomorrow, Vistara said in a release on Sunday.

The campaign intends to elaborate on the core interpretation of the brand promise of feeling of looking forward to flying again, it said adding the integrated campaign will be deployed across multiple platforms including TV, digital, print, outdoor, cinema and airports.

Vistara had commenced operations in January last year.

“We believe the journey should be as enjoyable as the destination. Our new brand campaign with Deepika Padukone highlights the unique feeling of flying Vistara,” Vistara CEO Phee Teik Yeoh said.

The New Delhi-based Vistara currently operates 475 flights per week with a fleet of 11 Airbus A320 planes.

“It is a matter of great pride for me to be associated with Vistara, a brand that carries the lineage of Tata and Singapore Airlines,” Deepika said on her appointment.

also read

Spice, GoAir in near-miss over Goa airport
Show comments