Apple plans to charge $ 1 mn for mobile ads: Report | business | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 18, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Apple plans to charge $ 1 mn for mobile ads: Report

Technology giant Apple plans to charge about $ 1 million for advertisements on its mobile devices this year, says a media report.

business Updated: Apr 29, 2010 15:43 IST

Technology giant Apple plans to charge about $ 1 million for advertisements on its mobile devices this year, says a media report.

The advertisements rates may be even more; The Wall Street Journal reported citing ad executives.

"Apple Inc aims to charge close to $ 1 million for ads on its mobile devices this year," the report said.

The company is hitting the road to make its foray in the ad business with its new advertising platform for iPhone and iPad-- dubbed iAd, the daily said citing a person familiar with the matter.

Apple indicated it could charge as much as $ 10 million to be part of a handful of marketers at the launch, the report added.

According to the publication, ad executives pay between $ 1,00,000 and $ 2,00,000 for similar mobile deals.

Under the revenue sharing agreement, application developers would receive 60 per cent of the revenue, while Apple would get the remaining 40 per cent, the WSJ said attributing to an Apple spokeswoman.

A handful of other companies sell ads that appear in Apple device applications, including AdMob, which Google announced it would acquire last year for $ 750 million.