DragonWave, HFCL ink pact for equipment | business | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 10, 2016-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

DragonWave, HFCL ink pact for equipment

business Updated: Oct 21, 2010 00:04 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times
Highlight Story

Canada-based DragonWave, a leading global supplier of packet microwave radio systems for mobile and access networks, and Himachal Futuristic Communications Ltd. (HFCL) one of India’s leading telecommunication equipment manufacturer and turnkey service providers, have joined hands to manufacture equipment catering to the needs of these networks.

DragonWave will own 50.1 per cent of the equity in the joint venture, the remaining 49.9 per cent equity will be owned by HFCL.

“We have had substantial success in the Indian telecom market, and partnering with DragonWave will help us build on that position at this pivotal moment of the introduction of 3G and 4G services in India,” said Mahendra Nahata, MD, HFCL.