Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee announced 'Duronto' trains, a non-stop service connecting metros and major state capitals, on Friday.
Presenting the 2009-10 budget in Parliament, she said 12 'Duronto' train services were being introduced -- a venture for the first time in the history of the Indian Railways.
Banerjee said this train service would have AC and non-AC sleepers.
The 'Duronto' train services are :
1. New Delhi-Jammu Tawi (tri-weekly)
2. Howrah-Mumbai AC (bi-weekly)
3. Mumbai-Ahmedabad AC (tri-weekly)
4. Chennai-Delhi (bi-weekly)
5. New Delhi-Lucknow (tri-weekly)
6. Delhi-Pune AC (bi-weekly)
7. Howrah-Delhi (bi-weekly)
8. New Delhi-Allahabad (tri-weekly)
9. Sealdah-New Delhi (bi-weekly)