Contest "HT CITY HARRY POTTER CONTEST"- SPECIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the "General Rules") are applicable to all the participants/contestants of the 'HT City Harry Potter Contest' (hereinafter referred to as the "Contest") promoted /organized by M/s HT Media Limited (hereinafter referred to as HTML). The Rules can be amended or varied from time to time by HTML.
1. The Contest shall began on 11/07/2009 to 13/07/2009 (only Saturday to Monday).
· Everyday 1 question shall appear in HT City (Delhi Edition), which is the entertainment supplement that comes free with Hidustan Times everyday.
· Each question will have 4 options A, B, C, D.
· Readers/Participants will have to SMS their answers to the question using the keyword "HP" to 54242 in the format HP <space> A; if they think that the correct answer to the questions is A.
· The contest will appear on all three days. Contest will open on 6 am on 12th July and close on 13th Jul 7:00 pm.
· An entry would be deemed to be correct if a respondent answers the questions correctly.
· A total of 75 winners would be selected from the total lot of entries.
· Each of these winners would get a couple passes to Exclusive Premiere shoe of Harry potter on 14th Jul 2009.
· The winners would be informed by a phone call on Monday evening (13th July 2009) and can collect their passes from HT House CP or at the venue srtictly between 7 - 8 pm
2. Only those entries, which are received by HTML, shall be considered for the contest and HTML shall not be responsible for non-receipt, delay of any entry. HTML does not take any responsibility for any errors arising out of incorrect or incomplete recorded entries.
3. HTML shall not be responsible for alteration or unauthorized access to entries, or entries lost whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes beyond its control.
4. HTML shall not be liable for system/server failures. Neither can HTML be held responsible for the failure to fulfill the obligations of any of the third parties involved in the contest.
5. HTML reserves the right without prior notice to access, read preserves and/or disclose the personal information of the user if the same is required in connection with this contest.
6. Decision of HTML with respect to conduct of the Contest and selection of winners shall be final and binding upon the participants/winners. HTML in its absolute discretion reserves the right to add, alter, modify, change or vary all or any of these Terms & Conditions, wholly or in part, at anytime without giving any prior notice and the participant/winner agrees to abide by such additions, alterations, modifications and changes.
7. Only the winners shall be informed by HTML and the details shall be sent via MOBILE Number provided at the time of registration of the contest. Non-receiving of calls shall result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
8. The winners shall be required to produce/submit photo identity/address proof as and when required by HTML. In case false/fake identification details are submitted, the concerned participant/winner shall be disqualified immediately from the contest.
9. Though HTML shall make every effort to declare the results of the contest on the due date for the respective prize draws, it shall not be responsible for any delay in announcing winners of the respective prize draws arising out of reasons beyond its control in the normal course of business.
10. The winner is solely responsible for any other expenses related to the acceptance/use of the offer or participation in the contest.
11. This offer cannot be clubbed with any other offer.
12. Any levies, duties and taxes, wherever applicable, shall be borne by the Participant/Person availing the offer.
13. HTML shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by the winner while availing the offer.
14. In the event of any winner choosing not to accept the prize(s) or forfeit any and/or all claims qua the prize, HTML shall have the absolute discretion deal with such prize as it deems fit.
15. All entries will be treated as the property of HTML and can be used by HTML for any promotional and / or commercial activity & the participants/winners waive all rights of whatsoever nature in the said entries in favour of HTML by participating in the contest.
16. Participants/winners may be required by HTML to participate in a photo, video and/or film session and acknowledge that HTML has the absolute and exclusive right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it may deem fit without any consideration or payment of similar nature to such participants/winners.
17. HTML in its absolute discretion may publicize, broadcast or otherwise disclose a participant's/winner's name, character, likeness, statements or any recording of their voice in advertising or promotional activities concerning this contest, or generally. HTML may promote or advertise that a winner has won the contest.
18. HTML reserves the right to extend or to cancel, or change the manner in which the contest is organized or discontinue or terminate the contest at any time or to accept or reject any or all entries at their absolute discretion without giving any prior notice without assigning any reason whatsoever.
19. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest and/or web-site is a violation of Criminal and Civil Laws and should such an attempt be made, HTML reserves the right to seek damages from any such Candidate to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. HTML reserves the right to disqualify any participant/winner if it has reasonable grounds to believe the participant/winner has breached any of these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any participant is disqualified from the contest, HTML in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement participant should be selected. In this event, any further participant will be selected on the same criteria as the original participant and will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
21. All disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi Courts only.
22. Participation in the contest implies acceptance of all the terms & conditions herein.