India's economy in the April-June quarter grew a faster-than-expected 9.3 per cent from a year earlier, led by robust manufacturing and services expansion and steady farm growth.
The growth rate for India's fiscal first quarter published on Friday was higher than a median forecast of 8.9 per cent in a Reuters poll, and was above growth of 9.1 per cent in the previous quarter.
- Annual farm output in April-June up 3.8 per cent
- Annual manufacturing in April-June up 11.9 per cent
- Construction up 10.7 per cent annually
- Trade, hotels, transport, communications up 12.0 per cent
- Financing, insurance, real estate, business services up 11.0 per cent
- Community, social, personal services up 7.6 per cent
- Mining, quarrying up 3.2 per cent
- Electricity, gas, water supply up 8.3 per cent