Job openings in NCR up by 17 pc in April-July FY'10 | business | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 17, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Job openings in NCR up by 17 pc in April-July FY'10

The number of job openings in NCR has increased by 17 per cent in the first four months of the current fiscal to 49,750 from 42,501 in December-March 2008-09 showing signs of improvement in the economy, said Assocham.

business Updated: Aug 02, 2009 13:15 IST

The number of job openings in NCR has increased by 17 per cent in the first four months of the current fiscal to 49,750 from 42,501 in December-March 2008-09 showing signs of improvement in the economy, Assocham has said.

About 49,000 openings were offered by companies at different levels in April-July 2009-10 in the National Capital Region (comprising Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad and Faridabad) as compared to 42,501 openings between December-March 2008-09, the industry body said.

"Of total 49,750 number of job openings in the region, 46.4 per cent accounted for Delhi, while remaining 53.6 per cent went to rest of the region," Assocham Secretary General D S Rawat said.

He added the employment sector is likely to pick up as the signs of economic downturn are diminishing significantly.

Out of the total share of employment opportunities offered, companies in Gurgaon has offered the maximum number of jobs (23 per cent) followed by Delhi, Noida/Greater Noida (20 per cent), Ghaziabad (5.6 per cent) and Faridabad (4.9 per cent) and in sectors like IT/ITeS industry, academics, banking financial service and insurance sector, Assocham said.

With the Commonwealth Games 2010 fast approaching, the growth in the number of new vacancies in construction, hospitality and infrastructure sector would also increase, it said.