Two of three persons died after being electrocuted at their residence in Allahapur village on Sunday night. The deceased were identified as Mamchandi Devi, 65, and her daughter-in-law Bela Devi, 40.
Bela Devi’s son Vikas, 20, was admitted to MM Medical College, Mullana, and is under treatment.
According to locals, as Vikas touched an electric wire tied in the courtyard to dry clothes, he received an electric shock. On hearing his shriek, his mother and grandmother rushed to save him. As they tried to rescue him, they were electrocuted.
Bela’s husband Om Parkash said the trio was rushed to MM Medical College, where doctors declared his wife and mother brought dead. He said the power connection was snapped to save the other members of the family.
Dr OP Aggarwal, forensic medicine head, MM Medical College, Mullana, said bodies had been handed over to the relatives after the post-mortem examination.