Another accused in African national assault case surrenders in court
One more accused in the April 21 attack on a Burundi national Yannick Nihangaza surrendered in a local court in Jalandhar on Wednesday.chandigarh Updated: Jul 11, 2012 20:52 IST
One more accused in the April 21 attack on a Burundi national Yannick Nihangaza surrendered in a local court in Jalandhar on Wednesday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Sarbjit Singh said that Harsh Gosain, son of city-based businessman Ravinder Gosain, surrendered before Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMIC) Jasvir Kaur. With this, police have arrested five out of total nine accused in this case.
Meanwhile, the same court sent Amarbir Singh Bajwa, an accused in this case, in one-day police custody. Bajwa had surrendered before police on Tuesday.
Police were still searching for the remaining four accused. Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police Navjot Singh Mahal, who is investigating the case, said that police teams were raiding possible hideouts of the absconding accused and get hold of them soon.
Yannick was attending a birthday party with his friends in his rented accommodation in Dashmesh Nagar when he was allegedly attacked by the accused. Admitted in a private hospital in Patiala, he is still in coma.
Police, who had earlier booked only three persons in this connection, booked more accused only after the victim's father Nestor Ntibateganya wrote a letter to chief minister Parkash Singh Badal on June 25, demanding the arrest of all the accused.