An explosion took place in a room of a madrassa in Haryana's Jind town last night. No one was injured in the explosion which was apparently caused due to leakage of gas in an old septic tank, a senior police official said.
"The blast occurred after namaz last night, but as people had left the place, no one was injured," Jind district's police chief, Satish Balan said over phone.
"We did not find any detonator or any wire from the scene of crime. We summoned a forensic and a ballistic team and both were of the opinion that it was the result of gas leakage in all probability," Balan said.
"About 15 months back, an old septic tank had been partially closed and over that a room had been constructed.It appears that the gas kept building up during the time and finally it came out with pressure triggering the explosion," he said.
However, samples from the blast site have been sent for forensic examination to completely rule out any other angle behind the blast, he added.
About 45 students study and live in the madrassa in Jind, about 200 km from here.