CBSE to announce class 12 results by May last week
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to announce its Class 12 results by last week of May.chandigarh Updated: May 14, 2014 21:13 IST
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is expected to announce its Class 12 results by last week of May.
Stating that the results were expected around the same time as last year, the board's regional head RJ Khanderao said, “It might even be announced a day or two earlier, depending upon the board's preparedness,” he said, adding that the board is taking all possible measures to bring “ accuracy and transparency” in evaluation. Last year's the board announced Class 12 results on May 27.
This year, while the examinations began in March, it went on till April 25, with some exams even rescheduled, due to Lok Sabha elections.
Close to 15,000 students had appeared for the exam from the tricity. Over 10 lakh candidates appeared across the country, a 9.32% increase from last year, when a total of 9, 42,035 candidates had registered for the exams. This year, 6, 03,064 were male and 4, 26,810 were female candidates.
Class 12 marks make up for 40% of the marks for JEE (Main) final rankings, which are crucial for non-IIT institutes, JEE (Mains) score account for the remaining 60%. The final ranking of the JEE (Main) is expected in the first week of June.
Results can be accessed on CBSE's official website as well as through SMS.CBSE will also start its counselling and stress buster programmes post results for those who have failed to secure passing marks in some subjects or want to improve their grades.
The board gives three chances for improvement, the first of which the board said would be conducted in July.
Students as well as schools, meanwhile, hope for the best.
An engineering aspirant from Chandigarh, Abhimanyu, said that he has his fingers crossed, “The performance in Class 12 would definitely affect my prospects of getting into a good engineering institute in India,” he said.
Bhavan Vidyalaya Principal, Sector 27, Vineeta Arora said that in 2012, the school had produced national toppers in commerce stream, such as Navya Singla. “Last year, the tricity's commerce toppers were from our school. We have our fingers crossed and hope that our school will shine once again,” she said.
Last year Panchkula girl Aakriti Goel topped the tricity in Class 12 exams with 98.2% in the non-medical stream. Chandigarh students Parul Laddha and Jayesh Jhunjhunwala topped the commerce stream by securing 97.8% while Chandigarh-based Gurleen Kaur topped the medical stream.