Chanshivrup goes 'missing', alleges kin

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Chandigarh
  • |
  • Updated: Dec 06, 2012 20:57 IST

Harminder Singh, father of accused-turned-approver Chanshivrup Singh in the Geetika Sharma suicide case, accused the Delhi police of harassing him and his family. 


"The Delhi police are forcing me to give false statement against Kanda's relatives. They are threatening me that if do not comply with their directive, they will drag my family in the case," he told the media here on Thursday.

Chanshivroop, an employee in erstwhile MDLR company, and Aruna Chaddha accused of abetting Geetika's suicide. Former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda is the prime accused in the case. Chanshivroop was booked under the Information Technology (IT) Act.

The SAS Nagar resident said: "If I give false statements, the Kanda group will not leave me and my family. If I do not, the police will implicate me." Harminder accused the Delhi police of sending his son to an unknown place abroad. "I last saw him on November 27, when he had given his testimony before a court," he said.

Notice to police
A Delhi court on Thursday issued notice to the police on former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda's plea seeking mirror images of electronic data and documents relied upon by the prosecution in air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case.

Asking the prosecution to file its reply by Monday, additional sessions judge Kamini Lau made it clear that the pendency of the plea will not affect the proceedings in the matter in any manner.

Kanda and his co-accused and aide Aruna Chaddha had moved the sessions court against the December 3 order of the additional chief metropolitan magistrate DK Jangala by which their plea for certain documents was dismissed. They had sought copies of electronic data, documents and FSL report collected and also relied upon by the prosecution.

The defence counsel told the court that the prosecution had been hiding documents and data collected by it during investigation, and which might turn in favour of their clients.

The additional chief metropolitan magistrate sent the case file to the district judge for December 13 when it is likely to be committed to a sessions court for trial.

 

also read

Moga bus horror: No need for CBI probe, says Sukhbir Badal

blog comments powered by Disqus