Counsel rejects Abha's charge of conspiracy against Rathore | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 26, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Counsel rejects Abha's charge of conspiracy against Rathore

chandigarh Updated: Jul 29, 2010 20:35 IST

Contrary to claims by former Haryana police officer SPS Rathore's counsel wife Abha, the then DGP who led the probe in Ruchika Girhotra molestation case had said that he had cordial relations with Rathore, the Punjab and Haryana High Court was told on Thursday.

Arguing on the petition filed by Rathore challenging his conviction, the counsel for complainant said Singh, whom Abha had accused of nurturing a grudge against her husband, had categorically mentioned in his report that he had "very cordial relationship" with Rathore.

Rejecting her claim that there was a conspiracy against Rathore, Pankaj Bhardwaj, counsel for complainant Madhu Parkash, contended that the then Haryana Lawn Tennis Association (HLTA) manager Kuldeep Singh too had mentioned that Ruchika was suspended from playing tennis by Rathore though she did not commit any mistake.

He contended that the then draftsman in his testimony had clearly said that the office of HLTA where the incident took place had one glazed wall in its front.

"In the glaze wall you can see from inside and not from outside," Bhardwaj contended.

He submitted the then prime witness Aradhana, who was a friend of Ruchika, had testified that she herself saw Rathore molesting Ruchika in the HLTA office.

"Aradhana had mentioned that she herself saw that Rathore had tightly caught one hand of Ruchika and embraced her by pulling her towards himself with other hand by putting it around her waist," Bhardwaj contended.

Refuting Abha's contention that the incident was concocted as the girls told their parents about it only after two days, Bhardwaj said that the two decided to disclose the incident to Ruchika's father SC Girhotra when Rathore again called Ruchika to his office by sending the ball picker Paltoo a day after the incident on August 12, 1990.

14-year-old Ruchika had committed suicide three years later.

Earlier at the start of proceedings, Abha pleaded before Justice Jitendra Chauhan to direct the CBI to supply her the copies of the agency's arguments before the court.

The judge asked the CBI to do so at the earliest.