With the number of dengue affected people in Chandigarh touching 100, the Malaria Wing of Health Department, Chandigarh Administration, has geared up field activities for prevention and control of dengue.
The malaria wing has announced deployment of 50 number of teams for checking of coolers, containers and other mosquitogenic points.
To educate and involvement of School Teachers and students, Dengue cards have been distributed to students of Class 6th & 7th. The focal fogging operation in affected areas has been intensified on Friday fogging has been done in Hallomajara, Behlana, Mauli Jagran Colony and Sector-40, Chandigarh.
The administration has informed about free dengue testing facility at Department of Virology, PGIMER Chandigarh, Department of Microbiology GMCH-32, GMSH-16 and district priority Lab (IDSP) at Civil Hospital Manimajra
Do's & Don'ts for prevention & Control of Malaria & Dengue
1. Do not allow water to stagnate in and around your houses.
2. Remove water from coolers and other small containers at least once in a week.
3. Always keep house top tank properly covered.
4 Do not throw discarded containers, tyres, pitchers and pots on the roof top.
5. Do not wear clothes that expose arms & legs.
6. Use mosquito nets or mosquito repellents while sleeping.
7. Avoid the use of Aspirin for Fever and Body Ache during dengue season