Former additional advocate general, Anuradha Bali alias Fiza ended her life with aluminium phosphide, chemical composition of celphos, revealed the chemical analysis of the viscera. "We have received the viscera report of the deceased which shows presence of aluminium phosphide and alcohol in the stomach," confirmed Dr PS Bhatti who heads the board of doctors that conducted the postmortem of the body of the deceased. "In my opinion it is a case of suicide and not murder as we did not find any marks of external struggle on the body of the deceased. The chemical composition of the poison found in her body is aluminium phosphide which can be consumed only in form of tablet," said Dr Bhatti. "Forceful administration of the aluminium phosphide is ruled out. In case celphos is mixed with any other thing the chemical composition would have changed and it would have been aluminium phosphine," he said. "Poisoning through aluminium phosphide is most common with 99% cases of suicide committed by its consumption, while the remaining 1% cases are those of mistakenly consuming the same, which is more in children," he added Bhatti said, "The board is in process of compiling the report establishing the cause of Fiza's death and the same would be sent to the police by Monday." When contacted, SSP SAS Nagar, Gurpreet Singh Bhullar, said, "I have not received the report as yet so cannot comment on the same. I can only say something after going through the report."
"As per police investigation till date we have not noticed any foul play as there is no external injury reported by the medical board and there is no forceful entry into the house," added Bhullar. Fiza's body was found in a highly decomposed state from her house on August 6. The medical report of the pathology department of Rajindra Government Medical College in Patiala remained "inconclusive" as the "decomposed" heart of former assistant advocate general, Anuradha Bali alias Fiza, failed to put light on the reasons leading to her "mysterious" death. The post mortem report have ruled out any external injuries on Fiza's decomposed body though the forensic experts point out that Fiza had died on the intervening night of August 1 and August 2 between 11 pm to 4 am. What is Aluminium Phosphide? Aluminium phosphide and ethyl alcohol were found in her stomach. Aluminium phosphide is a fumigant and a very poisonous chemical which can cause death. It is used as a rodenticide, insecticide and fumigant for stored cereal grains. It is commonly used for killing rats, mice and other similar rodents and is available under various brand names, including Celphos. None of the edibles recovered from her home tested positive for poison The chemical analysis report of the edible items recovered from Fiza's house did not test of any poisonous substances. Sources reveal that the chemical analysis of the edible items including pakoras, soda, liquor, bottled water and glasses recovered from her house were tested by the forensic experts. She was tensed and sounded anxious: Hooda Ajit Singh Hooda, who was the last person seen with Bali Alias Fiza on August 1, in his statement to the police had said that she was tensed and anxious. The duo had spent about 90 minutes together before he dropped her home. Hooda had snacks and after having a cheese toast, Fiza along with Hooda left for her house at around 7:15 pm. Fiza had got cheese pakoras packed. In his statement Hooda had said, "She was anxious and tensed. Even in the night when she called me she sounded tensed. She wanted to get the lawyer changed and had asked me to get the same done." As per police, "During her 90 minutes meeting with Hooda, Fiza talked about various issues like increasing number of cases and the changing of advocates. She had even talked about scope of her political career." She could not have committed suicide: Rohit Mahajan Advocate Rohit Mahajan, close associate of Fiza, said, "She was a strong lady who had fought against all odds could not have committed suicide. She used to fight depression and anger by dancing on loud music at home or in disco." "We will wait for the police report. The police have still not closed the investigations, whatever might be the opinion of the forensic and medical experts we would wait for the police to complete its investigations," added Mahajan. "There were no rats in her house, so why will she get rat poison home. She was status conscious lady. I smell something fishy. It is well-planned and clean murder. We will wait for the police findings before deciding future action," added Mahajan who said that the findings of the report are shocking.