Ex-driver seeks Ashutosh's examination at PGI | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 24, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Ex-driver seeks Ashutosh's examination at PGI

chandigarh Updated: Feb 11, 2014 17:49 IST

The former driver of Nurmahal-based Divya Jyoti Jagriti Sansthan's (DJJS's ) spiritual head Ashutosh Maharaj's has requested the high court to order his medical examination at the Post-Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh, or any other government institute in the presence of media, so that his followers could see the live telecast and pay obeisance.

The application moved by Puran Singh, in his already pending petition seeking release of Ashutosh Maharaj from alleged illegal confinement of Sansthan's residents, would come up for hearing on Tuesday. The petitioner has raised questions on the medical report submitted by the state government to the high court on the last date of hearing, revealing that the spritual head was clinically dead.
He has mentioned that the medical report had been issued by private doctors.

One of the doctors, Ashok, is the sansthan's eye surgeon. The second doctor, Harpal Singh, has a clinic in Chandigarh, while there is no information on the institute to which the third doctor, Dr Kartar Kaur, belongs, the petitioner has submitted.
Puran Singh mentioned in his application that one Narinder Singh, claiming himself to be the authorised signatory of the sansthan had certified that he was of the opinion that Ashutosh Maharaj was in "Samadhi" (deep state of meditation) in the freezer kept in the room.

In this situation, there is an essential need of a medical examination of the spritual head either from the PGIMER or any other reputed government institution in the presence of media.

He has submitted that Ashutosh Maharaj's followers should be allowed to have his "darshan" (pay obeisance) through live telecast of medical examination since sansthan residents, namely Arvinda Nand, Soni, Narinder Singh and Vishala Nand, had not been allowing anyone to enter the room where the spiritual head has been kept since January 29.