Fire breaks out at Nayagaon shop

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, SAS Nagar
  • Updated: May 03, 2014 21:43 IST

Property worth lakh gutted when a major fire broke out at a three-storied kitchenware shop in Nayagaon on Friday night.

Four fire tenders, including two from Chandigarh, were rushed to the spot. It took around four hours to douse the flames.

The incident took place when Sonu Garg, owner of the shop, was returning to his house after closing down the shop.

Two cylinders blasted inside the shop creating panic among the locals. The cause of fire was yet to be ascertained.

Fire officer Karam Chand Sood said at 10.15pm, the police had intimated the fire department about the incident.

He added that the firemen had battled till 3am to prevent the flames from spreading.

He added that a team of around a dozen firemen and fire officer Mohan Lal had carried out a four-hour operation after which the fire was fully extinguished.

No injury had been reported, Sood added.

also read

HT Report Card: Nothing ventured, nothing gained
Show comments