Four of family burnt alive in Himachal village | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Jun 24, 2017-Saturday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Four of family burnt alive in Himachal village

Four members of a family, including an infant, were burnt alive when an LPG cylinder suddenly caught fire in the industrial township of Baddi near here on Tuesday night.

chandigarh Updated: Apr 04, 2012 18:37 IST
HT Correspondent

Four members of a family, including an infant, were burnt alive when an LPG cylinder suddenly caught fire near the industrial town of Baddi on Tuesday night.

The deceased were Mohan Lal (27), his wife Pushpa (21), Sohan Lal (24) and a seven-month-old Khushi, all residents of Uttar Pradesh. The family was presently staying in a rented room at Thana village near Baddi.

Preliminary police probe revealed that the mishap took place around 10pm while Pushpa used a lighter to ignite the gas burner. The room caught fire owing to a leaking cooking gas cylinder. By the time neighbours arrived, Pushpa, Sohan Lal and Khushi had dead on the spot.

Mohan was rushed to Nalagarh hospital from where he was referred to PGIMER in Chandigarh as he had received 95% burn injuries. Mohan died on way to Chandigarh.

The bodies were sent for post mortem to Nalagarh hospital. A case has been registered.