Haryana MLA and chief parliamentary secretary (health) Ram Kishan Fauji was admitted in Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) in Chandigarh in a critical condition after he reportedly consumed pesticide at his Panchkula residence on Saturday morning.
Although doctors attending on Fauji in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) refused to disclose the reason for his emergency admission, PGIMER sources said he was admitted in a critical condition after he had consumed some toxic substance.
The incident came to light at around 11am when a family member heard the sound of Fauji's fall while bathing. Afterwards, he was rushed to the PGIMER, where his condition was said to be critical.
PGIMER authorities had neither disclosed the reason for his admission nor his medical condition till the time of filing of this report.
Meanwhile, his family members also remained tight-lipped over the issue when an HT team visited his official residence in Panchkula. However, some of Fauji's relatives maintained that he suffered an epileptic seizure.
PGIMER spokesperson Manju Wadwalkar said Fouji was being treated for "pesticide poisoning".
"He is being treated for pesticide poisoning. He is critically ill and has been put on ventilator," she said.