HC orders CBI inquiry into dispossession of flat allottee

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Chandigarh
  • Updated: May 30, 2014 15:00 IST

The Punjab and Haryana high court on Thursday handed over the probe to central bureau of investigation (CBI) into an order passed by the Chandigarh deputy commissioner (DC) regarding dispossessing an allottee of a flat in Victoria Enclave, Sector 50-C.

The court headed by justice Rajan Gupta while issuing notice of motion to the CBI directed it to file its report before July 28 as to whether DC Mohammed Shayin had passed order for which he did not have the power or his orders have been wrongly implemented by the Chandigarh Police.

The court said it was a serious matter where the possession of the flat of the possession holder, Surjit Singh, was taken by breaking six locks without giving him an opportunity.

Surjit Singh told the court that a cooperative society known as Chandigarh Sector 16 Cooperative House Building First Society Limited, Chandigarh, promoted house building to provide residential flats to its members and he was allotted a four-bedroom flat on May 29, 2010.

He further informed that he had paid Rs 32 lakh on January 22, 2010, for the flat. He had been paying power and water bills too.

He submitted that on October 4, 2013, when he was away in Kanpur with his ailing mother, with the
help of station house officer of Sector 34 locks of his house were broken and possession was given to Sushil Kumar Aggarwal, a resident of Sector 21 of Chandigarh.

On the other hand , DC’s order said that Aggarwal was the original allottee of the house and despite the order from joint registrar in his favour he was not being given possession of the flat by the society. He added that the review application filed by the society against the restoration of flat to Aggarwal was dismissed as withdrawn.

also read

HT Report Card: Nothing ventured, nothing gained
Show comments