A house was partially damaged in a devastating fire that broke out at Solang Nullah, 13 km from here, on Saturday. The house belonged to one Nirat Ram. According to police sources, several snow scooters, snow boots and other valuables were burnt in the fire.
Property worth Rs 15 lakh was destroyed in the fire. Though, fire tenders from Manali fire station rushed to the spot, the villagers had already saved the house from getting gutted by launching a massive fire fighting operation. Short circuit was reported to be the cause of fire.