J&K: Child dies after consuming expired noodles | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 22, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

J&K: Child dies after consuming expired noodles

chandigarh Updated: Dec 13, 2012 15:07 IST
PTI
jammu

A five-year-old girl died while other family members were taken seriously ill after they consumed a packet of expired noodles in south Kashmir's Kulgam district, police said today.

Abroo, daughter of Nisar Ahmad Chak of Manzgam village, along with her parents and three siblings, fell unconscious after consuming the noodles, which had expired in the year 2007, on Tuesday evening, Superintendent of Police, Kulgam, Muhammad Shafi Mir said.

The pack of noodles had been brought from the family's own shop owned by Chak and his brother Gulzar Ahmad Chak, Shafi said.

The entire family was immediately rushed to a hospital in Kulgam where they were given a 'gastric lavage' (stomach wash), afterwards which they were referred to Srinagar for further treatment, he said.

Abroo died on the way to Srinagar, he said, adding that the other members of the family are being treated in two different hospitals of Srinagar.

The parents are under treatment at SMHS hospital, while the children were admitted to G B Pant hospital here.

The SP said the noodle wrapper and other samples have been taken by the police for evidence and a detailed report is awaited.

Police has registered a case under section 174 of CRPC and investigations are on, Shafi said.