SDM Purshotam Singh Sodhi, inquiring into the recent Khanna factory blast that led to the death of 13 people, submitted his report to deputy commissioner Rahul Tewari here on Sunday.
Sodhi told HT that the report was on the preliminary findings that he had come across during the inquiry.
Sodhi said that prima facie it seemed there was negligence on part of the operator at chamber number 10, which led to the blast, but violations on part of the owner had also come to the fore.
He said, "I have mentioned three conditions under which the blast might have occurred in the chamber in which spent sand and hexane were mixed. One is that the hexane was added in the chamber in more than the permissible limit. The second is that the chamber was overheated for separating hexane from the spent sand and the third that the lid of the chamber was not properly tightened."
Sodhi said, "These errors might have been on part of the operator of the chamber; clear violations on part of the owner have also come to the fore. The first serious violation is that the factory was working without the mandatory inspection for the past seven years; the second was that there was no record of the workers available with the labour department."
Thirteen workers had died in the blast followed by a fire at Sanjeev Agro Food on September 11. Police have booked six people -- three owners and three officials. All accused are at large.
Sodhi on Saturday had contradicted the findings of the two-member technical committee, comprising two deputy directors of factories, saying a blast had taken place in the chamber instead of the leakage as expressed by the committee.
Deputy director of factories Jatinder Singh Bhatti has already been put under suspension for alleged dereliction of duty.
When asked if he had recommended registration of a case against the owners, Sodhi said a case had already been registered, and in case there was a need to change the sections, the deputy commissioner would decide on that.