Know high court case status on your mobile now | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 28, 2017-Tuesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Know high court case status on your mobile now

chandigarh Updated: Sep 24, 2013 22:49 IST
HT Correspondent

Now you can easily view on your mobile screen as to which case is being heard by which judge in the Punjab and Haryana high court. All you need is a Android/Java based mobile phones on which you simply have to download the mobile application.

The information was revealed on Tuesday during the release of ‘Citizen Charter’ of the Punjab and Haryana high court by the chief justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul.

It was informed that recently e-committee of the Supreme Court had got developed a mobile application for online display-board that had been customised for the Punjab and Haryana high court.

Citizen Charter was released with an initiative to make the justice delivery system more people friendly. It can be also seen on high court’s website ‘’.

It is an information brochure describing location of the high court, working hours, various procedures of functioning of courts, judicial branches, administrative offices and procedures of filing cases. It also mentions various facilities available to the litigants like free legal aid, alternate dispute resolution mechanism and general directions for general public.

Justice Rajive Bhalla described various facets of the ‘Citizen Charter.’ The high court has also refreshed its website by adding various features where people could access their case status and judgments not only of high court but also of various district courts. Now one would also be able to see latest judgments by the high court in cases of public importance.

Justice Hemant Gupta, chairman of computer committee, informed about various newly added features to the high court website. Also ‘Case Management Module’ has also been launched that would help advocates to maintain ‘e-dairy’ of their cases. Advocates desirous of availing this facility would have to apply to the high court.