Maruti Suzuki seeks speedy trial in Manesar unrest | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 25, 2017-Tuesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Maruti Suzuki seeks speedy trial in Manesar unrest

chandigarh Updated: Jul 25, 2012 13:38 IST
SY Siddiqui

Management of Maruti Suzuki has sought fair and speedy probe followed by trial of the suspects in the violence that rocked its plant at Manesar in Haryana.

SY Siddiqui, chief operating officer (administration) at Maruti, told media that thorough investigation was very important for them so that the management could initiate necessary corrective measures at the earliest.

He also said that guilty should be brought to book so that there would be no violence in the factory premises in future.

Siddiqui further said that at this point of time their emphasis is on safety and security of their people.

"At this point of time our top priority is the safety and security and the health of our people. Commercials and production at the moment is not the priority and therefore perhaps when we are looking at this roadmap to recovery, it is very critical for us to go step by step: firstly investigation outcome, then punishing the guilty through fast track court cases and building this morale and motivation and safety "he added.

Chairman of Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL), R C Bhargava had met Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on July 23.

The Haryana Government, which has gone into damage control mode to salvage the state's reputation as an industry-friendly destination amid mounting criticism of its handling of last week's violence at Maruti Suzuki, has constituted a special team to investigate into the violent incident.

The state government has also appointed criminal lawyer KTS Tulsi as a special prosecutor for the case.

The police have arrested many workers, but only one of them is a member of the trade union that is believed to be behind the conspiracy.

According to reports, Maruti Suzuki India may sack some of its workers. . The company has decided to have a zero-tolerance policy against those involved in July 18 rampage and arson.

Many other senior officials were severely beaten up, allegedly by angry workers in last week's deadly riot. 24 senior managers of the 96 initially admitted are still in hospital with injuries, mainly fractures of their arms and legs.