Missing youth’s death confounds cops; no injury marks found on body | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Mar 27, 2017-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Missing youth’s death confounds cops; no injury marks found on body

chandigarh Updated: Aug 20, 2014 12:04 IST
HT Correspondent

The case of a 22-year-old boy was found dead near Rupnagar on Monday continues to confound investigators: the post mortem report remains unclear about the cause of death.

While a chain was found inside the victim’s mouth, the report found no marks on his neck indicating he was strangulated. In fact, the report finds no injury mark on his body.

The report, however, points out that the victim’s brain has undergone liquefaction, indicating he had died over a week ago. A sample of visra has now been sent to verify if the victim was poisoned.

Rupnagar senior Medical Officer (SMO) Dr RK Singla said that the body was partly decomposed. He said that they while the exact cause of death was yet to be confirmed, drowning could not be ruled out at this point.

“The exact cause would be confirmed after getting the Visra report,” he said.

Police sources said that the after registering a case of abduction on July 11, the police traced the last location of his phone at Kiratpur Sahib. His phone was found to be working 11pm, after which it was found switched off.

The sources also said verification of phone details has revealed that the victim had texted three colleagues. In his messages, he spoke about suffering from depression over some problems, which he refrained from mentioning.

Meanwhile, the victim’s family wanted a case of murder to be registered against the owner of firm where he worked, the owner’s wife and an accountant at the firm. The family also accused the police investigating the abduction and blamed the victim’s death on its negligence.

SAS Nagar senior superintendent of police (SSP) Inder Mohan Singh said that the police have mentioned abduction in its First Information Report (FIR) sections.

“Sections will be added after the cause of death is ascertained,” he said.

On Monday, 22-year-old Deepak Sikri’s was fished out from the Bhakra canal.

Victim’s Company lost an event

The victm was worked engineering head with a company which was scheduled to organise a big disco party on July 12 at the Dussehra ground. However, the event was cancelled by SAS Nagar administration as the organizers did not take the permissions from DC.

Deepak Sikri, who was graduate in computer applications, was taking care of the company’s website of the company.