The NIA probe into the circumstances leading to the arrest of alleged Hizbul Mujahideen militant Liaqat Shah is still on, home minister Sushilkumar Shinde said on Friday.
Without elaborating further on the case, Shinde said any decision on the role of officials of Delhi Police or security agencies in the matter could only be taken once the probe was completed.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) is probing the circumstances leading to the arrest of Shah, who was nabbed while returning from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) last year as per the surrender policy of Jammu and Kashmir government.
Shah was arrested on March 20, 2013, by Delhi Police while crossing the Indo-Nepal border in Gorakhpur with his family.
While his family proceeded on to Kashmir, Shah was brought to Delhi and arrested on charges of plotting terror strikes in Delhi before Holi, accusations which he has denied.
His arrest led to a bitter exchange of words between J&K Police and Delhi Police. The incident also saw an intervention by J&K chief minister Omar Abdullah who demanded an NIA probe into the matter.
Shah had received bail on May 17 of last year from a Delhi court.
Talking about the security situation in J&K, Shinde said that Indian forces had killed more infiltrators this winter as compared to the last.
"We have alerted local police and central paramilitary forces in this regard," he said, adding that the infiltration this winter in the area had come down as compared to the last.
Replying to a separate question during the minister's monthly press conference here, home secretary Anil Goswami said that a "detailed investigation" was underway into the role of senior Delhi Police officers during the December 16, 2012, gangrape case in Delhi.
"We will soon be giving a report in this regard to the home minister," Goswami said.