A solar panel installed on the rooftop of a house in Sector 23 here blasted on Saturday afternoon.
Though no one was injured in the accident, the intensity of blast damaged the house building.
Avtar Singh, the 60-year-old owner of the house, said, "The incident happened while I was getting the house painted as we were planning to move here in seven days."
"I was so frightened to hear the sound that it took me few seconds to believe that I was alright,"said Singh.
"I have informed the company officials and they are going to send their team to my place. The incident could have been fatal," he added.