Stove explodes, 2 injured in Sec 22 | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 27, 2017-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Stove explodes, 2 injured in Sec 22

Two persons sustained burns after a gas stove exploded in the Sector 22 market on Thursday. The injured have been identified as Kuldeep Kumar, 27, a resident of Dhanas, and Subhash, 25, of Kharar. The victims ran a small street food business in the market place, the police said.

chandigarh Updated: Nov 14, 2014 09:11 IST
HT Correspondent

Two persons sustained burns after a gas stove exploded in the Sector 22 market on Thursday. The injured have been identified as Kuldeep Kumar, 27, a resident of Dhanas, and Subhash, 25, of Kharar.

The victims ran a small street food business in the market place, the police said.

Eyewitnesses claimed that the incident took place in the afternoon when Kuldeep and Subhash were doing their work. “Subhash was pumping the stove when it suddenly exploded leaving both of them badly injured,” said an eyewitness.

Onlookers rushed to their rescue and also informed the police. The duo was rushed to Government Multi Specialty Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 where the doctors on duty sent Kuldeep to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) for treatment. Subhash’s condition is said to be stable.