Sucha murder: Bunty alleges threat to life | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Apr 26, 2017-Wednesday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Sucha murder: Bunty alleges threat to life

chandigarh Updated: Sep 04, 2013 16:42 IST
HT Correspondent

Alleging threat to life by fellow inmates, dismissed UT constable Basant Singh alias Bunty (26) accused of murder of inspector Sucha Singh, urged the court to shift him to a separate cell.

Considering his application on being allegedly assaulted in jail as part of a conspiracy to eliminate him, chief judicial magistrate (CJM) Rajnish Kumar Sharma on Tuesday sought report from the Burail jail authorities.

As per the court directive, jail authorities have been asked to submit report on September 17.

"I have been lodged in the cell with four-five undertrials as part of conspiracy to eliminate me. The other inmates of the cell assault, threaten, verbally abuse and taunt me. This is a well-planned conspiracy through which I may be eliminated," Bunty said.

He and his girlfriend Sarita Rani (23) are facing the charges of stabbing inspector Sucha Singh (57) on the intervening night of June 7 and 8.

Bunty and Sarita were on the run ever since he had killed Sarita's husband and mother-in-law on April 18 in Sonepat. The couple was on way to catch a bus from Sector 17 when confronted by inspector Sucha and home guard volunteer Jatinder Singh, who were on night patrolling. Bunty attacked Sucha after he asked them to accompany them to the police station for verification.

Currently lodged in jail, Bunty and Sarita were produced before the court on Tuesday where they were handed over a copy of the chargesheet.

The case will come up for hearing on September 17 before district and sessions judge SK Aggarwal.

The chargesheet has the statement of Sucha describing the turn of events, besides witnesses - home guard volunteer Jatinder Singh, who also sustained injures in the attack, and constable Anil Kumar, who was on duty at the old district courts, Sector 17, within a stone's throw away from the crime scene.

The UT police had initially booked the duo under section for 307 (attempt to murder), 332 (voluntarily causing hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 333 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt to deter public servant from his duty), 353 (assault or criminal force to deter public servant from discharge of his duty) and 397 (robbery or dacoity, with attempt to cause death or grievous hurt).

Later, the police booked the duo for the murder after death of Sucha.