Toddler gets shock on eatery premises; owner booked | chandigarh | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 21, 2017-Monday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Toddler gets shock on eatery premises; owner booked

Liquor prices in the city are set to increase between 50 and 500 a bottle depending on the brand, beginning June 1 , with head ministration announcing an increase in the excise duty and reserve price in the excise policy for 201415. Now, India Made Foreign Liquor (IMFL) will be available at prices almost similar to those in Punjab.

chandigarh Updated: May 13, 2014 12:37 IST
HT Correspondent

Police have booked the owners and the manager of the Sagar Ratna restaurant in Sector 35 for alleged negligence after a 16-month-old child received an electric shock on the premises after touching loses wires, on Saturday night.

The family of Punjab and Haryana high court advocate Surjeet Bhadu, residents of Sector-39, had visited the restaurant on Saturday, when the lawyer’s daughter received the shock in the basement of the premises.

Surjeet told HT: “As we sat to have dinner, my daughter, Mehar, came in contact with loose wires next to the chair. She was injured and also received burn injuries.”

“When we asked the restaurant staff to help the child get medical aid, they did not care. I called up 100 and informed the police. The police rushed the child to GMCH-32 for treatment. I am shocked at the indifferent attitude of the staff.”

The owner Subhash Sethi and his son Nikhil have been booked. The manager Santosh was arrested and later bailed out. The police have booked the owner and staff under Section 336 (endangering life or personal safety of others) and 337 (causing hurt to any person by doing any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life) of the Indian Penal Code at the Sector 36 police station.

The incident brings to fore how basic safety nor ms are being not followed at eatries. Sources said that the staff had taped some portion of the wire after the incident. The victim’s father had initially pointed out the loose wire, but the staff did not pay any attention.