Two suffer severe burns injuries due to stove bursts

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, Chandigarh
  • |
  • Updated: Feb 24, 2013 20:24 IST

Two persons, including a minor boy, suffered severe burn injuries when a cooking stove burst in colony number 5 here on Sunday.


The victims were identified as 21-year-old labourer Dharam Raj and 16-year-old Sonu, a Class IX student of a government school in Sector 34. They suffered more than 50% burn injuries on their faces and other parts of the bodies.

Police said that both had gone to their neighbour Ramesh's house to watch television. Dharam Raj was making tea when the stove burst around 1.30am, causing serious injuries to both. Hearing their screams, neighbours rushed to the spot and took them to Government Medical College and Hospital in Sector 32.

They were referred to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), where they were stated to be "serious".

Police have ruled out foul play and termed the incident an accident. Police said that the victims in their statement too maintained that it was an accident.

 

also read

Haryana govt causing hindrance in probe, CBI tells high court

blog comments powered by Disqus