Year on, rape victim's case still not registered

  • HT Correspondent, Hindustan Times, SAS Nagar
  • Updated: May 10, 2015 21:23 IST

For about a year now, a woman from Abohar, who alleged that she was raped, has been shuttling between police stations to get her case registered. The 19-year-old, along with her father, met SAS Nagar SSP, Gurpreet Singh Bhullar on Saturday and has sought his help in getting relief.

The victim, in March last year, had eloped with her lover who got her to Chandigarh, then took her to Kharar and then lived here together in Phase 11. It was in August after about five months that the victim managed to flee and went back to her place in Abohar.

The victim alleged that during these five months, her lover and three of his other friends raped her. She said that she was lured by the boy to have sexual relations on pretext of marriage but then made his friends rape her.

The victim shared that she and her father have been running back and forth to Abohar police for justice but no one has been paying any heed to their repeated requests. Now, after about a year, the police have told the victim and her family that since the crime happened in SAS Nagar they should approach the police in district. Commenting on the issue, SSP Bhullar said, "We have sought an inquiry report from Abohar police following which we shall investigate into the case and due action shall be taken".

also read

Councillor’s report card: Heera Negi tried, but failed to stir officials up
Show comments