N Srinivasan is not giving up on his hope of reclaiming his post as the head of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) even though the high court on Tuesday made it clear that he could not chair August 2 working committee meeting that he had scheduled.
While he did not clarify whether he will be chairing the meeting, Srinivasan told PTI, “I will be attending the BCCI working committee meeting in New Delhi on August 2.”
BCCI sources, however, claimed that he would chair the meeting. “We will challenge the HC decision in the Supreme Court,” said a source, adding that they were hopeful of getting a stay on the order, which will pave the way for the Indian Cements' boss to attend the meeting.
As soon as the high court held that the two-judge probe panel was illegal, the board's top officials huddled together to plan out their strategy.
Though none of them came out in the open to discuss the decisions that had been taken, a few of them said on anonymity that the situation remained unchanged.
“We will wait for the judgment to come into our hands before deciding our next step,” BCCI's interim chief Jagmohan Dalmiya said.
“The only thing I have heard is that the writ has been dismissed and no relief has been granted. I don't want to say anything more,” Srinivasan told reporters when questioned about the order.